Once you have successfully onboarded your new affiliates, the CAKE Affiliate Portal can help you ensure they have a great experience.
But are you using it to its full potential?
Your affiliate relationships are important; that’s why we empower you to customize the Affiliate Portal to meet the unique needs of both you and your partners. Several features and settings aren’t turned on by default, but they’re simple to enable so that you can bring more value to your partnerships.
We’ve put together a list of 11 Affiliate Portal features and settings to help you provide affiliates with more transparency into their performance to maximize ROI. Enable these settings and you’ll improve communication, create greater transparency, and deliver the efficient, self-service experience your affiliates expect.
Customize the dashboard view for your affiliates
When your affiliates log into the Affiliate Portal, the first thing they will see is the dashboard view. They rely on the dashboard to get important information about performance, revenue earned, and suppression list and compliance details.
Here are six ways you can customize the dashboard view to provide more value to bolster affiliates’ success.
- Place a unique referral link in the Affiliate Portal — When you launch a referral program to incentivize your affiliates to refer new partners to your program, you can place a unique referral link in the Dashboard.
The affiliate can then send that link to other potential affiliates, which will be redirected to the Affiliate Sign Up page for the network. If they sign up and get approved, CAKE will track the referral and all subsequent cost/revenue, and pay a commission to the referring affiliate based on revenue, profit, or cost of the referred affiliate.
Learn more about setting up a referral program in our blog, How To: Increase Business by Incentivizing Affiliates with the Affiliate Referral Program.
- Enable Alerts affiliates can subscribe to — After you’ve created traffic and campaign Alerts (like ‘campaign approaching conversion cap’ and ‘campaign approaching expiration date’), be sure to enable the “affiliate alert subscriptions” setting so your affiliates can subscribe to the Alerts right from the dashboard. These alerts provide your affiliate partners with a real-time pulse on their performance so they can quickly optimize campaigns to maximize profitability.
- Display Top Offers based on EPC and promote a Featured Offer — Enable “Display Top Offers” so that when affiliates log in, they can see a list of the best performing offers based on EPC (earnings/revenue per click) and quickly vet the best offers to pursue.
You can also display a “Featured Offer” (including offer name, vertical, and payout) to drive more traffic to the advertiser and more commissions to your affiliate.
Learn more about how to set up top offers in this Knowledge Base article, Setup – Affiliate Portal Settings.
- Enable “View Itemized Bills” — Enable this accounting setting so affiliates can see each conversion as a line item (instead of just the total amount of the bill) and ensure everything is accounted for. This provides greater clarity into where their commissions are coming from, and which offers they are attributed to, for example.
- Launch the Twitter feed — Enable the Twitter feed to keep affiliates informed on your company updates, including new offers and relevant offer updates.
- Leverage iframe Settings — Use this feature to display a custom URL, such as a link to your company website, a status update page, or any other content you want your affiliates to see.
For more on these settings and additional ways to boost communication with your partners, read our blog, 5 CAKE Features to Simplify Communication with Affiliates.
Provide affiliates valuable detail in the Offers Grid
In the Offers Grid, affiliates can find new offers, offers that are “apply to run,” or offers they have already been given access to.
These two tips will help you further customize the Offers Grid to improve communication and streamline access to information for your affiliates.
- Enable “Creative Grid” — Help affiliates quickly and easily access the creatives available (instead of looking at the full offers list) and sort by creative type (e.g. email or banner, image size, etc).
- Provide details on the Offer Card — Simplify communication between you and your affiliates by filling in additional information on the Offer Card, including Preview Link, Offer Description, Restrictions, and Thumbnail. This detail will then populate in the Affiliate Portal, providing more clarity into how affiliates can run the offers.
Customize reports to give affiliates detailed performance insights
With access to in-depth, real-time reports directly from the Affiliate Portal, you can equip affiliates with detailed insights to help them improve performance, optimize campaigns, and ultimately boost profits for themselves and your network.
In addition to the six primary default reports available — Daily Summary, Creative Summary, Campaign Summary, Sub-affiliate Summary, Conversion Report, and Click Report — be sure to unlock these three additional features.
- Include Events in the Campaign Summary — Allow affiliates to track event performance (not just the final conversion), to help them better optimize campaigns each step prior to or after a conversion.
Learn more about tracking multiple actions from a single click with Events in this Knowledge Base article, Events – Tracking Multiple Actions from a Single Click.
- Enable the timezone filter — Allow affiliates to view more accurate reporting based on their own timezone (instead of in the network’s timezone).
- Enable the “Contract Name Visibility” setting — Provide affiliates with additional details in the Offer Contracts (e.g. payouts, price formats, rules targeting, etc.) so they can decide which variation of the Offer to pursue.
Customizing the Affiliate Portal with these 11 features leads to enhanced communication and allows both you and your affiliates to achieve maximum success.
To access a full walkthrough of the Affiliate Portal, watch the video here.