Brazil: One of the Largest Ad Markets in the World
As the leading ad market in Latin America and one of the largest advertising markets in the world, Brazil poses a unique and exciting opportunity for today’s brands, especially in the mobile arena.
Below outlines key takeaways and trends on digital marketing opportunities in Brazil to help advertisers and marketers put it to work.
- Brazil’s share of mobile internet in digital ad spend is forecast to grow from 28% in 2016 to 64.8% by 2019
- Brazil’s total ad revenue across channels is estimated to reach nearly $30 billion U.S. dollars by 2019
- Compared to the rest of the world, Brazilians are the most active mobile users in terms of both app usage, 29 apps used per person per month, and engagement – apps are engaged with 54 times per month
- Brazil’s combination of tech-savvy entrepreneurs and the broad usage of mobile devices by consumers has established a strong foundation for performance marketing in the country, making Brazil primed for scaling
- In Brazil, personal relationships are usually formed first to build trust before a business relationship can grow between companies
- The top mobile operating system is Android, the most popular app category is Social and the most popular mobile app is WhatsApp
Sources: statista.com | digitalstrategyconsulting.com | emarketer.com
To access a version of this infographic in Portuguese, please click here.